I am offering mentoring sessions to anyone who feels like they could use 1) someone to help them through the ropes of the child life process – most specifically the craziness of practicums, internships and even certification exams and 2) a friend. These mentoring sessions can happen over coffee (yes), pizza (yes, yes) – you name it. If you’re long distance and still would like some mentoring sessions – I utilize Zoom which is similar to Skype and 100% free to use! It’s the best! Click to learn more about how to prepare for your session.
These mentoring sessions are meant to help you at whatever point you may be at in your child life journey and they’ll be totally customized to fit your needs. During these mentoring sessions, we’ll first start by
- Talking about what makes you great and what parts of your story will help you stand out amongst other applicants
- We’ll look through and edit your resume and cover letter
- Look through your applications
- Talk about different processes/organization tactics for setting you up for success as you apply for practicums and internships
- Go over mock interview questions that will help you become more confident in your abilities as a future child life specialist (I have used these mock interview questions with my last two semesters of students and all have come back to say how multiple questions that I gave them for practice were asked of them during interviews – they were so relieved at how much it helped them relax during their interviews and in turn, they now have internships or jobs themselves!)
- I also have a large amount of test prep questions that we can work through to help you feel confident before taking the certification exam
Click here to book your session now!